The biggest problem with making salad for 70 is finding a bowl large enough to make it in! We used all of our school’s punch bowls for our massive salad. Quantities can scale downward if you don’t need to feed an army.
- 8 heads iceberg lettuce
- 4 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 boxes of mixed baby greens
- 4 carrots
- 4 cucumbers
- 1 bunch green onions
- assorted bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, green)
- wash and dry the lettuce and other vegetables.
- peel and cut up carrots into small pieces
- core and slice the peppers into small pieces
- cut the cucumbers into small pieces
- cut the onion into small pieces
- tear the lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- put half the lettuce at the bottom of the bowl, then layer some vegetables in. Add more lettuce and toss. Put more vegetables on top. (otherwise it looks like it’s just a bowl of lettuce)