Just in time for tomorrow, we have both our robots working extremely well. Some of the recent changes may have even improved on our competition performance. After a good test run, we packed up our gear to get ready for tomorrow’s demo.
Tomorrow afternoon will be fun! Drop by the Kingston Yacht Club from 12:00-4:00 to say hello.
K-Botics Guide to Robot Demos:
- Arrange everything you need to bring well in advance
- Be sure batteries are fully charged.
WHAT TO BRING
|Robot and Game Pieces (balls etc)||Carpet to drive on|
|Batteries and charger||Controllers and computer|
|Tool kit for minor repairs||Safety Glasses|
|Sponsor boards||Extension cords|
|Pamphlets about team and about FIRST||Projector, screen, and laptop for video clips|
|Media binder (photos and clippings)||Copy of Rookie All Star/Chairman’s Report|
|Notepad, pens, tape||thank you card for your host|
WHEN YOU GET THERE
- Set up quickly, give everyone a job.
- Be friendly and enthusiastic. Send your group out into the crowd to mingle.
- Keep your area safe. Do not drive the robot into the crowd. Do not shoot game pieces at people
- Do allow others to come and drive the robot (under your supervision)
- Keep notes of who you meet, and get business cards and contact information of interested industry and community partners.
- Clean up all of your gear promptly (give everyone a job)
- At the end of your demo thank your host