We’re Knit Into The Fabric Of Our Community
FIRST Robotics Team 2809 K-Botics is a KCVI student group that builds a new robot each year to compete in an annual challenge outlined by FIRST. The team is given 6 weeks to meet real world engineering challenges in preparation for competition. The students are not just learning about engineering, communcation, and teamwork; most of our students also knit.
FIRST encourages community outreach and volunteerism through one of their most prestigious awards, known as the Chairman’s Award. This project is very important to both our team and FIRST.
Our team is involved in a variety of other outreach activities within the local community, but we want to expand to reach people in other places. This project will raise awareness in our team about the needs of the larger global community and how aid agencies are giving back.
Our Kare-bots have been given away already in India!
Benefits of Kare-bots
- Environmentally friendly packing material
- Provides comfort to those in need
- Connects aid workers with local recipients
- Helps rebuild feeling of security
How Can You Help?
- We would like aid organizations to use Kare-bots instead of conventional packaging material. If you work for an aid organization please contact us to find out how to partner with K-Botics.
- If you knit, please consider making some Kare-bots to help us out! The pattern is written for beginner knitters.
- Kare-bots (either finished or unstuffed) can be dropped off or mailed to K-Botics c/o KCVI 235 Frontenac Street, Kingston Ontario, Canada K7L3S7.